Jun 11, 2010

Thanking the Garbagemen

So you may have noticed that I changed the layout. I felt like I needed a change.

And I was kind of sick of the way that the entire layout was screwed up when you'd click on a specific post. I did like how the background was large and the actual text part was small, but I think I'm one of the few that appreciate things like that.

I actually have something to say, but because I'm sure it won't come up in conversation, and I have some free time, I'm going to post about it now.

Not everyone can be spectacular.

And that may sound pretty mean. That's because it is.

Well, it's not mean. It's realistic, but many people associate the two with being the same. Or even similar. I don't.

But anyway, not everyone can be awesome. Well, I guess they could. But everyone would have to be VERY awesome.

But because not everyone can reach that level of henzhuo (which I don't think is meant to be used that way), some people have to be average.

Someone has to be a garbageman. Without garbagemen, we'd have to find some way of dealing with our own trash. And most people, especially in major cities, have little idea of their trash system aside from "It goes out on Thursdays." So even if we look down on garbagemen for "not going to college" or "having low standards" or "not being very smart" or whatever goes through your head, we should be thankful that we don't have to take care of our own trash, and that they're willing to have a career where they do it for us.

Not everyone can be super smart. Some people are just not going to understand certain things. And they don't have to. They can do what they please with their lives. As long as they know that they are without, and they consent to just going without, then it's fine.

I guess I kind of realized that my Mom's a teacher. And she teaches Organic Chemistry, and if you've taken it, you know that's not an easy class. But someone has to teach General Chem. And if they didn't, no one would ever make it *too* Organic Chemistry. And then my Mom wouldn't have a job.

So I decided that tomorrow I'm going to try to think about all the little things that happen that I don't have to worry about. Things that I, at least, feel need to be done. And maybe my day will be a bit better than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment