Mar 1, 2010

"Maybe I'll Just Type And See What Garbled Mess Comes Out"

I actually made a post from my phone... like a month or two ago. I guess it didn't show up question mark? Well, I'll fix that today, I reckon. Or not.

Well, I came here with the intent of making a post. Not because I had something to say but that I oughta post some time.

I really do have stuff worth saying, I think. I just don't remember what it was. Maybe I'll just type and see what garbled mess comes out.

TIME: I have none of it. Up at 5:30, out at 6:10, home at 9, in bed at 10 most weekdays. I hardly have time for the things I have to do, let alone the things I want to do. Unfun-making.

But I willingly chose this path, so I try not to complain about it too much. It's kinda just one of those things that you know you have to do, so you resign yourself to it, but you don't want to do it so you halfheartedly complain about it.

I found some quotes that inspire me, but I can't remember what/where they are so I'll make a new post about that later. They're mainly from Emily Dickinson and Edgar Allan Poe. Weird people to find inspiring, I know, but that's me for ya.

I read /somewhere/ that the people who make good blogs are not those who have uber interesting things to say. Just that they say them. I guess that makes sense. My favorite people on YouTube are people who make videos regularly. My new/er/ closest friends are those who I talk to more. I should remember the actual quote, but I remember reading in multiple contexts that repeated exposure over time is better than large, sudden amounts.

I'm just a vessel for what I've read sometimes. I think.

I wish I had made a post for the Chinese New Year, because I went to Chinatown (Chicago), and it was awesome. Not because of the stuff I bought, or the food I ate, just the energy among the people there. Many of which were Asian, but I saw plenty of Americans there. Things like that make me happy.

On the Japanese front, I'm actually starting back up today. With my listening (I've a podcast playing in the background.) I'm aiming for 30-awake hours per week, and sleeping to it every night. 15 kanji a day should let me be finished by the end of July. 5 sentences is my GOAL for every day, but I'm not strict about that. It's more about having plenty of sentences to work on in August rather than learning much from them now. Sentences will be done AFTER kanji. So if I'm wiped out after adding new and reviewing old, then that'll be it for the day. No more stressing for me. (Hopefully.)

But I've gotta play a game of catch up. I am way behind and it'll be tough these next two weeks. But I'm not going to rush into it. I'll take it one step at a time and the gap will close on its own. I will admit that I am scared about that number: 156+ due for review. BUT I will not let it hold me down.

Wow, that turned out better than I thought. Way to go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment