Jun 13, 2010

"It's A Matter of Not Knowing It's Impossible"

I was reading something today, and one character said that the reason the other had so much good fortune was because they subconsciously willed it that way. Like they didn't even understand the concept of bad luck, so they never had any. And that's an interesting take on life.

I think the reason that we, as humans, are willing to be "content" with life is because we impose limits on ourselves. We get jobs doing things we hate to do so that we'll make money that we make ourselves find necessary. But we do these jobs because "It's impossible to make money being a(n) _____." So even though I wanted to be a Flower Gardener when I was 7, by the time I was 8, I had been convinced that I would hate it because it was hard labor and made no money. And now the idea of planting flowers for a living sounds atrocious.

We impose these limits on ourselves and upon others. The universe doesn't make these rules.

In the anime Akira, they say that the main reason Akira always wins at Mahjong is because he has unwavering faith in himself. He hardly knows how to play the game, but once he goes for something, he doesn't let himself change his mind. And it's a TV show, but it makes sense.

If you put all of your faith into something that you have partial control over, then things can turn out for the better because you made it that way.

Nobody is against you but yourself.

The only person pulling you down is yourself. And the people you let pull you down.

(Some of my posts may seem like they venture off from the main point, but that's just my train of thought. Everything's related, just see if you can see the links.)

No comments:

Post a Comment