Jan 7, 2009

I'm Bettering Myself

My grandfather passed on New Years Day. I don't know what time, but I made the previous post less than 48 hours before his death.

But this post isn't about that.

I have only told one person. At another point in time, I would've told everyone, I guess searching for sympathy.

My main New Year's Resolution is to stop being such an attention whore. This is a horrible first step, but it's still progress, just 358 days to go, and I would have done it.

If someone asks, I'll tel them in the least attention-grabbing way I can think of. It may not be enough, but it will be my best.

"How's your grandfather?"
"Oh, he's just fine now."

Sounds like the best plan to me. It's true, and it gains no sympathy, I think.

I've been getting killer headaches recently.

I finally finished Exeter's application. =\ I've been putting the essays off because I didn't think they were good, but now I guess I should just give it what I've got. If I don't get it, then, well, we all have to deal with disappointment sometime.

Even if it's heartbreaking disappointment.

I do wish, however, that if you weren't getting in, they'd just tell you as they knew. I don't want to wait for months only to get my hopes up and not get in.

>_< Another headache. I've been trying to not take medicine for it. This small amount of pain should be bearable.
No, not should be.
It is.

Gah! So many disappointing things right now... it makes my palms ache.
Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment